What are the features of Newtonlink ?
Some features are :
- Tk Graphical User Interface and command line interface.
- Export/import/sync Newton cards with applications like Addressbook, kmail, kab, StarOffice or WebAddress.
- Export/import/sync Newton notes with Xrolodex or Kjots.
- Export/import/sync Newton dates with Plan or
vCalendar tools like
KOrganizer or StarOffice.
- Get Newton outbox entrys for printing.
- Get Newton outbox entrys for faxing.
- Get Newton outbox entrys for email via sendmail, KMail or via
- Get Email adresses from Newton cards for Netscape or Xfmail
- Get Newton package names.
- Get Newton package.
- Send a file to the Newton.
- Install a Newton package via Sloup or Lpkg.
- Use your desktop keyboard for Newton input.
- Online help with HTML browser.
- User specific config file.
- Convert German Umlaute during transfer to and from Newton.
- Running under Unix and OS/2
ToDo list :
- Synchronize Newton and Unix applications data. See this first white paper
for some ideas (only in German).
- GUI option menu
- Multi language support (English, German ...).
- Convert other national character sets during transfer (if
- Optional delete of Newton datas after transfer.
- Support more applications.
- Optional delete email messages after transfer to the Newton.
- Stop button to stop a running transfer.
- Transfer datas wireless over Newton infrared link and
possible with the new Newton MP2000).
- Newtonlink available as a Debian package (Help from the Debian people needed !).
- Newtonlink is developed and tested on a MP2100 with
Newton-OS 2.1 and therefore it may not work with Newton-OS 1.3
Known bugs :
- While getting Newton outbox entrys for printing, Notes with
checkboxes don't work.
- The -plan option doesn't work correct with CR in a
- Repeat Meetings the same week every month are not correct transformed